Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10/10/11 - Victory Park Basketball

So these past week's comments from both Patrick and fellow students have been somewhat contradictory- one side says to focus on motion and less construction, whilst the other says to get my perspective and overall construction up to par. I'm definitely still trying to keep both of these helpful insights tied somewhat closely, but working around the issue of using a pen has still proved to be a challenge for me. I feel that my work this week gets down motion/balance/construction much better than in past weeks, but there are still some funky things going on- I decided to continue a clearly disproportionate drawing of a player performing a lay-up, and other than the elongated torso and arm, I think the motion is again, working better than in past weeks.



1 comment:

  1. Zach,
    These poses look solid. If the comments you hear from students seem contradictory, that's okay. Proportion is definitely important - but it can be simultaneously addressed while loosening up your line.
    You're looking to the correct place for dynamic poses. Keep this up. The form is solid in these drawings. What I'd like to see you do is move away from the segmented proportions and try to really look at how a line might taper along the contour of an arm or leg or hand. Lastly, don't forget the face. If you develop the drawing and exclude the face, there is an uneven sense to the drawing.

    ReplyDelete